Long time ago I’ve tried to setup Windows Azure AppFabric integration with CRM 2011 online beta , but without sucess. It was due to some problems which were on beta version , anyway CRM 2011 Online is ready (officially today) so I’ve thought well it must work and yes it does work . Setup is easy but some of the parts are not clear so I’ve decied to share how-to do it.
- First we need Dynamic CRM 2011 Online account you can signup for 30 days trial for free here .
- Then after you login get authentication certificate, to optain certificate go to Settings-> Customizations->Developer Resources->Download Certificate
- We also need new plugin registration tool (Part of CMR 2011 SDK . I’ve used version from december 2010 ), Plugin registration tool comes as solution with source code so it has to be compiled with VS2010.
- Time to login to azure portal and create service namespace for our connections (You need azure account, details how to get one are here and use service bus connection packs (5 is ok for testing). My service namespace is called cmr2011Online, we will need that namespace during configuration also from appfabric.azure.com we will need “Current Management Key” and “Management Key Name”
- Next step is to run plugin registration tool, and register new endpoint
- Next dialog will allow us to setup endpointName: is any string for us for identifaction. Solution NameSpace is our service namespace name (in my case crm2011online). Path is finall part of service bus url i.e. https://crm2011online.servicebus.windows.net/RemoteService Contract in my case is one way only from CRM online to my lister on premise.
After clicking Save & Configure ACS, the ACS Configuration dialog box appears
- Now is time to configure AppFabric ACS (Access control)
Management Key is our Current Management Key from azure portal
Cerficate file path to downloaded certificate from our crm online.
- Click close and then click Save & Verify Authentication in the Service Endpoint Details dialog box. After the verification is finished with sucess you can register new step
- Step registration is the some as for assemblies. I’ve tested with “create” message for account .
Issuer The name of the issuer. This name must be the same name that was used to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for AppFabric integration. For Online version you can find that name in Settings-> Customizations->Developer Resources. Enter the appropriate data values into the form fields and then click confiigure ACS .
After step registration, system will send message to service bus, to test that without listener you need to go to settings in CRM and check “System Jobs”. They should be like on screen bellow
In next post I’ll publish second part of solution which will be on premise listener , so watch the space.